Good Riddance

What kind of teacher tells you you're not good enough to succeed? What kind of man tells someone with dreams they won't reach them? I keep trying to push what he said aside, but it's really starting to piss me off. What makes me even more upset is that we could stand face to face and he could say the EXACT OPPOSITE. You don't tell me you're happy for me, that I'll do great... And then turn around and say I'll drop out of Berklee after one semester.

Goddammit. It's hard to believe this is the same man that bought instruments for students with his own money, that took school bands to national competition and won effortlessly with a group of students that were willing to do whatever it took to be the best because they had a motivater along the way.

And I'm tired of the "When you're rich and famous, you can rub it in his face" bullshit and the like. No matter how successful I can become, nothing is going to rewrite what this man has said about me and how he's made me feel. I'm tired of being compared to suburban children and the sytematic programs they were forced into. I'm done with being used for your personal gain and glory: Me getting into Berklee was of my own merit, stop taking credit for it. I had no practice sessions, no help, and no support from that man. He didn't even know I auditioned, let alone that I was accepted on a scholarship. I would like to take a moment from this rant to thank everyone everyone that has supported me, believed in me, and took the time to help me improve. You know who you are!

No name. No name will be spoken, written. Whatever. I've done enough damage.
Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment